The idea for Curate Your Own Adventure started in early 2015 – virtually the day after receiving an acceptance email from the University of Sydney. I was going to be a Masters of Museum and Heritage Studies student. I really wanted to start a blog documenting my studies as well as all my volunteering and work in the museum sector.
Flash-forward to today. My blog has most definitely grown and developed since 2015. Now that I am no longer studying, I spend most of my blogging life reviewing museum and heritage places around the world. If you enjoy visiting museums, admiring heritage or simply reading reviews and looking at pretty pictures, then look no further!
Keep reading if you want to learn a little something about me.
In my spare time there is nothing I enjoy more than petting a dog (any dog), blogging, and watching so much Netflix that there will be long-term ramifications for my actions. I also love listening to true crime podcasts and watching horror films.
Currently, I work as the Curator of the Integrated Pathology Learning Centre at the University of Queensland (my literal dream role). I have a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) from the University of Queensland majoring in modern history and a Masters of Museum & Heritage Studies from the University of Sydney. In addition to my studies in Australia, I have completed two semesters abroad in Berlin at Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin. In 2014, I completed a Goethe German language course in Munich.
One day, I promise myself, I will at least attempt a PhD focusing on some aspect of medical history. One day…..
I have volunteered, interned, and worked in the heritage/museum sector since 2010. Here is a quick list of where I’ve been and what I’ve done.
- Curator – Queensland Parliamentary Library
- Collections Volunteer – Queensland Police Museum
- Collections Volunteer – Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology
- Education Volunteer – Commissariat Store Museum
- Curatorial Volunteer – RD Milns Antiquities Museum.
- Exhibitions and Education Officer – Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum
- Curatorial Intern – Geoffrey Kaye Museum of Anaesthetic History
New South Wales:
- Educator & Tour Guide – Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
- Gallery Officer, Program Producer, & Volunteer Program Officer – Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences
- Collections Management Intern – Royal Australasian College of Radiologists
- Museum and Local Studies Assistant – Hurstville Museum
- Curator and Archivist – Harry Daly Museum
- Digitisation Specialist – State Library of New South Wales
- Curriculum Program Deliverer – Sydney Living Museum
If you want to learn more follow this link to my Linkedin account.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog!